Rehabilitation Counseling course in DCU started in 2009 and it was the first online university in Korea to offer courses in that study.
Department of Rehabilitation Counseling prepares students for rehabilitation Counselors who help people with disabilities to be adopted in society.
To help students to become professional and competent rehabilitation specialist, we assure to provide high quality education service with help of knowledgeable faculty members and through the wide networking and collaborations with many rehabilitation centers in Korea.
1) To develop rehabilitation specialists who possess expert knowledge in rehabilitation for vocational rehabilitation courses such as rehabilitation counseling, vocational evaluation, vocational training, employment service and job stability, etc.
cultivate able rehabilitation specialists who can develop various programs of rehabilitation for the disabled and acquire expertise
2) To develop rehabilitation specialists who can provide effective strategies to improve environmental accessibility from the physical, psycholoigical social barriers attributes within our environment.
1) The first online university in Korea to help students prepares for rehabilitation Specialist(rehabilitation Counselor)
The curriculum is designed to help students for licensure as vocational rehabilitation specialist such as vocational rehabilitation counselor, vocational evaluator, and vocational training instructor who help people with disabilities to acquire jobs and assure its stability
2) Specialist who possesses the highest professionalism and commitment
We help students to acquire both practical and theoretical skills in Holistic Rehabilitation and Total Rehabilitation and let students to be the most preferred rehabilitation specialist by many experts in actual field
3) Quality education with knowledgeable faculty members and collaboration with many rehabilitation institutions
We assure to provide high quality education service with help of knowledgeable faculty members and through the wide networking and collaborations with many rehabilitation centers in Korea.
1) Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist
- Vocational rehabilitation institutions : Welfare centers for people with disabilities (Approximately 200 centers), Vocational Rehabilitation Institution for people with disabilities (Approximately 400 centers), Welfare community for people with disabilities , Vocational training institutions, Vocational evaluation centers, Vocational Rehabilitation centers, etc
- Community or institutions for people with disabilities : Korea Employment Agency for the Disabled, Korea Workers' Compensation & Welfare Service, Job Center, The Disabled Enterprise Business Center, etc
- Companies that hire disabled workers : Social Enterprises ( Approximately 280 companies), Disabled business, Workplace for The Disabled, etc
2) Social Worker: Social welfare-related institutions, government official working for social welfare
3) Entry into graduate school
- Rehabilitation Counselor grade 2 certificate after completing selected course
- Eligible to take license examination for Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist grade 1 issued by Korea Association Of Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor & Korea Society of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Social worker grade 2 certificate after completing selected courses (Eligible to take grade 1 examination)
- Healthy family worker certificate after completing selected courses
- Lifelong educator grade 2 certificate after completing selected course
+82-53-859-7588 / * Homepage : http://reha.dcu.ac.kr