The Department of Special Education cultivates specialists who will engage in care of children with disabilities as well as general infants and children, (integrated) child-care teachers having expertise of education for the handicapped and integrated child care, and specialists who have the qualifications of special education teacher in child-care facilities.
First, to cultivate professional integrated child-care teachers to care children with disabilities as well as general infants and children Second, to implant desirable attitudes toward children with knowledge of child-care and education of children with disabilities in their parents and families Third, to provide special education teachers and those who engage in infants and children care-related facilities with an opportunity of education and reeducation about education for the handicapped
1) Students can acquire both a child-care teacher certificate and a lifelong educator certificate at a university degree.
2) A sole department where students can study education for the handicapped among cyber universities
3) Meeting national child-care policies and social needs
- Giving a support of all labor expenses to exclusive care facilities for children with disabilities and infants like
national and public facilities
- Expanding after-school child care service using idle classes in elementary school
- Gradually increasing child-care teachers' pay to a level of elementary school teachers
1) Students can cultivate the professional quality by entering graduate school of education for the handicapped and
2) Students who have a kindergarten teacher certificate can enter graduate school of education to acquire a special
child-care teacher certificate.
3) Students will be professionally in charge of caring children with disabilities by the recognized qualifications of
special education teacher in child-care facilities.
4) Students can work in infants & children care facilities, care facilities for children with disabilities, integrated
child-care facilities, etc. or start a related business.
5) Students can be employed in general schools or special schools as assistant to education for the handicapped.
6) Students can also be employed in daytime care center for children with disabilities, welfare centers and
rehabilitation centers for the disabled, general welfare centers, etc. as life teacher and child-care teacher.
7) Students can be employed and operate educational institutions for children with disabilities such as early
education centers for children with disabilities, day-care centers, care units, etc.
- Child-care teacher grade 2 after completing the fixed curriculum
- Acquisition of special education teacher certificate(from the Ministry of Health, Welfare, and Family Affairs) in
child-care facilities after completing the fixed curriculum
- Acquisition of exceptional child instructor certificate(under the President's name) after completing the
- Acquisition of lifelong educator grade 2 and social worker grade 2 after completing the fixed curriculum
- Applicable for national youth counselor qualification examination
- Certificates in other major obtainable in addition to double major