Recently, our society is suffering serious mental and social complications due to sharply changing environment and all kinds of stress. Specially, those who have complications in personal relations, a sense of alienation and a sense of isolation from a nuclear family, experience negative emotions such as the impulse to kill oneself and uneasiness, and show a deviation from the normal categories are increasing by geometric progression. The Department of Counseling Psychology aims at understanding sharply changing social environment and subsequent people's behavior, and broadly dealing with different viewpoints and approaches to counseling and psychological therapy. The Department enables students to learn various counseling techniques according to subject groups such as children, married couples, family members, etc. as well as all psychological theories being the basis of counseling, in order to cultivate counseling specialists required in the field.
1) To cultivate able counselors who can take counsel with children, juveniles, married couples, family members, and general people having problem in personal relations
2) To provide those who assume human resources management and training & education in schools and industries with an opportunity of reeducation.
3) To be ready to cultivate the professional quality for those who desire to enter or apply for graduate school related to department of psychology.
(1) Applicable for counseling-related national certificates with a university degree
(2) Support of employment and starting of business
(3) Studying of the psychology-related basis in the cyber university
(4) Coping with national welfare policy and social needs
(1) Students can be employed as counseling psychologists in youth counseling centers and provincial and municipal counseling institutions.
(2) Students can be employed in infants & children care facilities and integrated care facilities or start a related business.
(3) Students can be employed in social welfare centers and welfare centers for the differently abled as counseling psychologists
(4) For teachers, they can be employed in public social education institutions, training centers, and general schools as counselors.
(5) For office workers or those having a bachelor's degree of business administration, they can be employed in industries as training and human resources management staff.
(6) Besides, students can enter the counseling course of general graduate school or graduate school of education to cultivate the professional quality and be engaged in diversified counseling fields.
- A Counseling Psychologist Certificate under the name of the Daegu Cyber University's President will be granted after completing the fixed curriculum.
- National certificate : Applicable for youth counselor grade 3 certificate after completing the fixed curriculum
- Certificates from societies : Applicable for psychology-related certificates such as counseling psychologist grade 2 certificate, play therapist certificate, art/music/reading therapist certificate, vocational counselor certificate, development psychologist certificate, development psychologist certificate, behavior therapist certificate, etc. after completing the fixed curriculum
+82-53-859-7568 / *Department homepage :http://dcucounsel.dcu.ac.kr/