The Department of Play Therapy aims at cultivating play therapy specialists to support infants and children having developmental, psychological, cognitive, and behavioral difficulties to overcome their psychological and pathological pain and realize themselves as a happy being. Specially, the problem of maladjusted mental behavior is rising as a big issue in terms of support of mental health in individuals and the whole society, which is being significantly increased. The Department intends to cultivate play therapy specialists whose professionalism gains confidence home and overseas by providing the curriculum through close exchange and collaboration with home & overseas famous play therapy professors and international play therapy societies & clinical institutions in order to support such individual and social mental health problem in ecological, scientific manners of play therapy.
(1) To cultivate play therapy specialists who can ecologically and scientifically support members(children, juveniles, and adults) of the society showing mental behavior problems and cognitive retardation that are being increasingly incurred to overcome their psychological and pathological pain
(2) To cultivate play therapy specialists through advanced academic exchange and thorough clinical practice so that they can have academic and clinical competence home and overseas in the global age.
(3) To cultivate comprehensive play therapy specialists through collaborative clinical practice with international clinical institutions and field study with advanced theories in the play therapy-related fields
The Department performs the curriculum through close collaboration with internationally famous play therapy institutions & organizations and professors, and students are given priority to acquire an internationally authorized play therapy certificate as soon as they graduate from the Department. The Department forms the basis for students to grow to be play therapy specialists in both domestic and global society by acquiring an internationally authorized play therapy certificate through the fixed additional curriculum. Also, under the current situation that recently, mental behavior problems of infants, children, and juveniles which are being significantly increased within the country increase social demand for play therapy specialists in long-term aspect, the Department cultivates specialists based on the collaborative curriculum with international specialized institutions so that students can have thorough academic and clinical expertise.
In our rapidly changing society, the occurrence of maladjusted emotional behaviors and risk of developmental disorders is significantly increasing in infants, children, and juveniles. At this point of time, the clinical effect of play therapy of ecological and humanistic therapeutic intervention is rising. The Department performs the curriculum through close collaboration with international well-known institutions & organizations and professors at an advanced position in academic and clinical aspect, so that students majoring in play therapy can acquire an international play therapy certificate and grow to be a specialist at the same time with graduation, and ultimately exercise their competence as a clinical specialist at any time and space in the global age. After graduation, students can display their abilities as play therapy specialists or psychological therapy specialists in home(overseas) hospitals, national and public counseling institutions, psychological therapy research institutes for children, rehabilitation welfare centers for children with disabilities, and other clinical institutes.
(1) After completion of the curriculum and screening,
- Play therapist under the President's name
(2) After completion of the additional fixed curriculum and screening
- PTI-authorized international play therapist
- Play therapist from domestic play therapy-related societies
(3) After completing the additional curriculum and screening by stating clearly the society
- Applied Behavior Analysis(ABA)-authorized international behavior therapist
- Therapist certificate from domestic behavior therapy and counseling-related societies
- Social worker, child-care teacher, lifelong educator
(※ For international certificates, cooperative agreement with the society concerned is being made.)
1) TEL : +82-53-859-7558
2) Department homepage : http://playtherapy.dcu.ac.kr
3) Family Site
- Korean Association of Independent Living Services for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities :
- Independent Living Commune Lotus Flowers Foundation : www.lotus-autism.com
- Play Therapy Korea PTKR : www.playtherapykorea.org
- Division of Expressive Therapies, Lesley University : www.lesley.edu/gsass/56etp.html